Alexandria City Public Schools, CIP Review & Validation
Under an on-call contract as the prime consultant, Henry Adams provided an MEP review and validation of the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). This project categorized over 240 potential mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repair projects in 19 separate K-12 school facilities. In order to meet the client's needs, the project was expedited by shaving approximately 20 percent off the initial schedule so the results could be completed within five weeks and used to develop the FY15-19 plans. In order to achieve this, Henry Adams assembled a team that utilized a dedicated field investigator working with ACPS supported concurrently by in-house team members performing the engineering analysis, cost estimating, and report preparation.
The work required visual site inspections for each of the projects in order to develop the validation report. The typical mechanical scope included the inspection of HVAC equipment and services on the roof. The electrical scope included building services and the power to equipment on the roof. The plumbing scope included vent piping on roof, storm water drains on roof and associated piping within the building, gas piping on roof, correcting existing code violations.
After the completion of the validation process, Henry Adams assembled project reports to:
- Complete CIP request & score forms.
- Provide a detailed description of the projects.
- Provide photographs documenting the current conditions.
- Develop a rough order of magnitude (ROM) cost estimate.
- Develop a project-by-project implementation schedule.
- Provide recommendations regarding each project's urgency.
- Meet with ACPS to present and discuss recommendations.
|Alexandria City Public Schools