24 April 2015
Henry Adams is providing the MEP engineering design for the adaptive re-use of a historic 4-story, 33,000 SF school into a 40-unit condominium building.
The site, originally the Buchanan School, is located in Washington, DC and was constructed in 1895. It fell into disrepair in the '60s and eventually closed in the early '90s. It wasn't until 1999 that it received a second chance when it was purchased by Walter Boek and converted into the International Graduate University. The university struggled and eventually closed upon its founder's death in 2012.
It is anticipated that the storied building will receive new life in 2017 when construction is completed.