17 October 2014
At the AIA Baltimore: Excellence in Design Awards, the Baltimore Design School was presented with the Good Design = Good Business Award. The award honors architects and clients who best utilize design to achieve important outcomes for organizations. Additionally, the award is intended to recognize projects where design excellence elevated the resulting benefit of a project to the business, institution, or community which it serves.
All in all, the Baltimore Design School has won the following awards:
- 2014 Grand Design Award of Excellence - AIA Baltimore
- 2014 Michael F. Trostel FAIA Award for Excellence in a Historic Project - AIA Baltimore
- 2014 Historic Preservation Award - Baltimore Heritage
- 2014 National Committee on Architecture for Education Design Excellence Award - AIA
- 2014 Honor Award - AIA Maryland
- 2014 School Planning & Architecture Award - Council of Educational Facility Planners International
- 2014 Economic Redevelopment Project - Maryland Economic Development Association
- 2014 Inform Award, Interiors - Inform
- 2013 Wavemakers Award - Urban Land Institute
- 2013 President's Award - Preservation Maryland
Henry Adams provided the MEP engineering design to renovate the abandoned 115,000 GSF 3-story Crown Cork and Seal Machine Shop into a fashion, architecture design School. The building design features classrooms, student galleries, studios/ labs, media center, dining hall, workout room, and courtyard performance space.