Summary: The BIM Manager is responsible for proactively managing, maintaining, and leading the company’s BIM software and content development. Software programs include Revit and related AutoDesk products. Secondary duties include Information Technology management and support, and MEP/FP production assistance.
Primary Functions: Provide BIM management and support with input from production staff. Duties include the following:
- Develop procedures and create/maintain documentation.
- Create and maintain discipline-specific standard content.
- Develop and present in-house training sessions.
- Train production staff one-on-one to use industry-standard BIM software.
- Assist production staff with troubleshooting issues.
- Adapting company procedures and content to conform to client-specific standards as necessary.
- Coordinate standards with clients and sub-consultants.
- Participate in webinars and in-person educational events.
- Investigate future technologies and tools for production.
- Lead in-house BIM standards meetings with the company CADD committee to discuss BIM needs.
Secondary Functions: Provide Information Technology support under the direction of the company’s in-house IT committee. Provide MEP/FP production assistance. Duties include the following:
- Proactively manage and maintain the company’s IT needs.
- Manage software installations and updates.
- Manage company owned electronic devices/equipment inventory distribution, collection, and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain documentation for electronic devices/equipment inventory.
- Develop and maintain procedures for IT related policies.
- Provide technical support for in-office and remote staff.
- Serve as the point of contact for the company’s 3rd party IT consultant.
- Participate in meetings with the internal IT committee to discuss IT needs.
- Assist with modifications to IT infrastructure and phone system such as installation of hardware, patch cables, network cabling from IT rack out to workstations in office, etc.
- Assist in the setup of video conferences for staff meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Assist engineering staff with setting up BIM models.
- Assist engineering staff with MEP design and drafting.
Previous knowledge or experience of secondary functions relating to this role is not required. Training and education will be provided for these duties.
- Work well both in teams and independently.
- Actively and effectively communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with co-workers, and others.
- Effectively work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Thoroughly and dependably complete tasks in a proactive manner.
- Provide the proper discretion required in overseeing sensitive documentation.
- Maintain a high standard of quality in the delivery of technical solutions and ethical standards.
Work Environment - Most work is performed in an office environment.
Expected Hours - This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour work week. Normal days are Monday through Friday. Normal core hours are 8AM to 5PM with a one-hour unpaid lunch beginning at 11:45AM. Requires working overtime as necessary when required to address time sensitive tasks.
Physical Demands - This position requires the ability to sit for long periods. It also requires the ability to walk, use hands, and talk and hear. It requires the ability to stand for extended periods, climb ladders, and lift/carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs. It requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel - This position may require occasional travel. It requires a valid driver's license and an appropriate vehicle.
Education and Experience:
a) Required –
i) 3+ years of relevant experience.
b) Preferred –
i) CAD/BIM or CAD/BIM-related associate degree.
ii) Or 5+ years of relevant experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance - This position requires the ability to pass a background check and obtain clearance for client and government contracts. Must be approved for working in the United States.
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Reasonable Accommodation - Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are now accepting resumes for this position. Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.